CBD Oil is definitely safe for both dogs and cats. It is from the Hemp Plant which does not contain any THC ( that is what makes you high from marijuana).
But it must be the animal formula and not the Human formula. The pet formula is easier to administer, no guessing and no measuring to compare human to animal. Their brain receptors for the CBD are fewer and smaller and if you give them human CBD it may be too much and then you have a sleepy puppy instead of a relaxed puppy. If giving treats read the directions on the bottle. But you can also purchase the liquid form and just add drops to their food or water dish.
These two charts show the picture of a dog but the information is for Both dogs and cats. Other pets check with your vet.
5 Most important Factors You should know Before Purchasing CBD oil for your pets.
- It must be organic in nature or it will probably contain pesticides and solvents.
- Read the lab analysis and make sure there is no THC in the oil and the process used for analysis
- Don’t scrimp “you get what you pay for”, you want good quality oil from a reputable company
- CBD is better in the liquid or tincture form, so you can administer either more or less to be specific for your pet
- you can also buy it already in treats or tablets.
Just some of the issues CBD can help with for your dog, and it does work ( my gal enjoys more freedom than before).
Most CBD products on the market start anywhere from 50 to 150 mg and go all the way up to 1100 mg of CBD per ounce. Typically, the higher the number of milligrams of CBD, the stronger the effect will be. When shopping for CBD oil, make sure to pay attention to the label. If the label says 1700 mg of hemp oil, but does not say the total number of milligrams of CBD oil, that does not mean there are 1700 mg of CBD oil. CBD oil and hemp oil are not the same. They both have healthful, important qualities, but CBD is extracted from the leaves and flowers of the hemp plant, while hemp oil is extracted from the seeds and stalks of the plant.
For more information about CBD oil and Cats please visithttps://www.petmd.com/cat/care/cbd-oil-cats-what-you-need-know?icn=Care&icl=featured_care_content